OPPORTUNITIES AT THE UKRAINIAN MUSEUM
THE UKRAINIAN MUSEUM – DIRECTOR POSITION AVAILABLE
The Ukrainian Museum in New York is accepting applications for the full time Museum Director position, to guide the Museum through the next phase of its growth and development. The Director provides dynamic leadership and is responsible for planning, organization, staffing and operations at the largest Ukrainian museum in the U.S. dedicated to acquiring, preserving, exhibiting, and interpreting articles of artistic or historic significance to the rich cultural heritage of Ukrainians. Reporting to the Board of Trustees, the Director oversees an annual budget of over $1 million and a staff of full and part time employees. The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker capable of
seeing the "big picture" and concentrating on long range goals while simultaneously ensuring the seamless day-to-day operation of the Museum.
Key responsibilities include:
- Establishes initiatives, exhibitions, and publications to fulfill the mission of the Museum and increase its local, national, and international prominence.
- Oversees and participates in fundraising and development activities.
- Directs the Museum's operations including marketing, education, finance, external communications and staffing.
Qualifications – the ideal candidate will have:
- Graduate Degree in Art History, Museum Studies or a related field;
- Knowledge and understanding of art and the art world, including Ukrainian art, geography, history and culture, both in the diaspora and Ukraine;
- Experience in a museum or nonprofit organization with a minimum five years at a supervisory or senior managerial level;
- Knowledge of standards and best practices for museums, non-profits or similar organizations;
- Demonstrated excellence in writing and public speaking;
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian.
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits offered.
Please submit resume and cover letter including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail to:
The Ukrainian Museum, Attn: Search Committee
222 East 6th Street, New York, NY 10003
Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls please.
The Ukrainian Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No internships available at this time. Send a proposal to email@example.com
Volunteers are integral to the life of the Museum, which offers interesting and rewarding opportunities
for training and experience in an established Arts and Culture institution.
Skilled and talented individuals interested in contributing regular hours to the Museum are welcome to
submit their resumes via e-mail to info(a)ukrainianmuseum.org. A basic working knowledge
of Ukrainian is a requirement; fluency is preferred. In your cover letter, state the reasons for your interest in
volunteering at the Museum, describe your particular skill set (art historian, journalist, computer geek, museum enthusiast, etc.), and the days/hours
per week you would like to commit to the Museum.
The Ukrainian Museum
222 East 6th Street
New York, NY 10003